Thursday 14th March, 2019
9.30 am START
Meeting place: Main Foyer of Wheeler Centre 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
Host: David Ryding – Director, City of Literature Office
In 2008, Melbourne joined the UNESCO Creative Cities Network when at the time it was designated the first and only City of Literature in Australia, and the second in the world! David Ryding, Director – City of Literature, will be hosting members of the PTGAA at the Wheeler Centre offering insights to Melbourne’s’ literary history and current standing on the world stage, followed by a tour of the State Library, the oldest public library in Australia!
Agenda for the Day: –please note changes to start time and order from earlier invitation:
- 9:30– Meet at Wheeler Centre for coffee and morning tea catered by the Melbourne UNESCO City of Literature Office
- 10:00 – Walk to the State Library for tour. The tour will split into two groups for this.
- 10:45 – Tour ends
- 11:00 – Introduction to the Wheeler Centre
- 11:10 – Introduction to Melbourne being a City of Literature
- 12:00 Optional 30 minute walking tour of notable Bookshops
Cost is FREE for 2019 members – Extended RSVP deadline to Monday 4th March!
To register for this event, please RSVP by 4th March!
If you have received a confirmation email from me in reply to your RSVP, please don’t email again – I have you on the list! No need to RSVP if you can’t make it, just if you want to attend. Thanks.