BECOMING A FULL MEMBER
To become a full member of the TGA you need to be entitled to work in Australia.
This means that you need to supply either:
- an Australian or NZ passport
- or a Permanent Resident or Citizenship certificate
- or a current visa which allows you to work in Australia
If you have the are entitled to work in Australia please select the required membership type and complete the online membership application form. Please provide us with a copy of the relevant documentation as listed above.
Once your application is received, your assigned assessor will set a mutually suitable time for your assessment. Please read the following kit carefully: it provides you with all the information you need for the assessment process.
Upon completion of your assessment and upon the assessor’s recommendation to the TGA committee, your membership category will be confirmed – see the membership options below.
We will contact you again for the final steps of the membership process which includes below pre-requisites:
- either providing proof of current public liability and professional indemnity insurance or the option to subscribe to TGA Group Insurance for Guides.
- providing proof of current First Aid training
- paying your pro-rata membership fee ( note TGA membership year runs January to December)
Once all steps above has been completed, you will be welcomed into the TGA and provided with your TGA ID badge and access to the Members’ Only section of our website. You will be at liberty to build your profile for the Find-A-Guide section and access all the other membership benefits.
Please note that this process also you to Professional Guiding Accreditation.
Note for Chinese speakers: Once your TGA membership is complete, if you are a Chinese speaker, you can apply for ADS accreditation through Austrade.