Mission Statement :
“To represent, educate and support guides so that they can provide world class service to the tourism industry”
Why use a TGA Guide?
Tour guides are the all important ‘Face of the tourism industry’. They have the most direct contact with visitors and are in a great position to positively influence how guests – both international and domestic – feel about Australia and the services they receive.
- TGA guides have a high level of expertise, knowledge and a variety of specialised skills
- Professional development opportunities are available to TGA members ensuring continued education and upgrading of skills.
- Guides are able to assist businesses Australia-wide, including fluent and licensed language guides.
- The professional services of a TGA tour guide can assist in the growth of your business.
- Impressed customers and guests may provide your business with positive feedback.
- Plus referrals, increased opportunities, and business growth.
- All TGA guides are required to maintain Level II First Aid plus CPR.
- And they must be covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance to the value of minimum $10m.
A great guide is worth their weight in gold!
Available services included bu not limited to :
- Domestic and international travel and tour assistance
- Meetings, incentives, conferences & exhibitions and events
- Arrival and departure assistance
- Both day and extended touring
- Local orientation services (familiarisations & agent or incentives assistance)
- City sights & walks
- Attractions or site visits
- Special interest tours
- Language guides offer additional interpretive oral and written services, including Auslan.
Special Interest Areas
Guides special interests and knowledge may include:
Culture, Heritage, Nature, Wildlife, Eco-tourism, Adventure tourism, Art, Music, Indigenous Tourism, LGQBT tourism, Gastronomy and Wine, Science and Engineering etc.