“To represent, educate and support guides so that they can
provide world class service to the tourism industry”
Why use a PTGAA Guide?
Guides are the all important ‘face of the tourism industry’. They have the most direct contact with visitors and are in a great position to positively influence how guests – both international and domestic – feel about Australia and the services they receive.
- PTGAA guides have a great level of expertise, knowledge and a variety of specialised skills
- Professional development opportunities are available to PTGAA members ensuring continued education and upgrading of skills.
- Guides are able to assist businesses Australia-wide with guides fluent in many different languages and licensed across many skills.
- The professional services of a PTGAA tour guide can assist in growth of your business.
- Impressed customers and guests will provide your business with positive feedback.
- Which lead to more referrals and increased opportunities and more business growth.
- All PTGAA guides are required to maintain Level II First Aid plus CPR
- All PTGAA guides must be covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance to the value of minimum $10m (and most have insurance to $20m).
- When using a professional tour guide, your business can enjoy peace of mind, knowing your assignment is in the most capable of hands.
A great guide is worth their weight in gold!
Services might include:
- Domestic and international tour assistance
- Meetings, incentives, conferences & exhibitions and events
- Arrival and departure assistance
- Both day and extended touring
- Local orientation services (familiarisations & agent assistance)
- City sights & walks
- Attractions or site visits
- Special interest tours
- Language guides, who can offer additional interpretive oral and written services including Auslan, the language of the Australian deaf community.
Special Interest Areas
Special interests may include areas of:
Culture, Heritage, Nature, Wildlife, Eco-tourism, Adventure tourism, Art, Music, Indigenous tourism, LGQBT tourism, gastronomy and wine, science and engineering etc